Yu Yuphoria is a famous device of Yu. It has already received an update on the latest version of Android. If you are the owner of Yu Yuphoria and looking for an upgrade then this is the right place where you can get easy instruction. This firmware comes with bug-free auto-updates but is advised that this is not an official release by Yu. Yu Yuphoria already received the root method as well as custom recovery. So if you really interested to upgrade please follow the instruction given below.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device. Yet we would advise you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in up-gradation such as bricking of the Device. However, this happens only in rare cases. Also, you would lose the warranty of the hardware(if any) after the upgrade.
To make it easier for Yu Yuphoria users, the entire up-gradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and do not miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Yu Yuphoria
- First of all, make sure that your device is Yu Yuphoria.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Don’t try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices.
- We would advise the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device.
- Also, make sure that your Yu Yuphoria is at-least 55% charge as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend disabling all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your device. Also, uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now the important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Yu Yuphoria is now ready for upgrading to CyanogenMod 13 Custom Firmware.
Final Upgradation for Yu Yuphoria
- First of all, download the CM13 on your Laptop/PC. Google Apps are available here.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card of Yu Yuphoria using a USB cable.
- Now disconnect your Yu Yuphoria from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from internal SD card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- Repeat the same steps for Google Apps.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to CyanogenMod 13. Enjoy your Yu Yuphoria with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgrading, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.