If you have Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 and looking for an upgrade then you good opportunity to get instruction from here. This firmware comes with a very smooth and better interface, advanced voice recognition, smarter keyboard, offline voice typing, and many others. So upgrade your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 to Jellybean CM10 Nightlies Firmware.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would adive you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire up-gradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and do not miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515
- First of all, make sure that your device is Samsung Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515(Check at Settings> About Phone). Do not try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices and is not for devices which have model number Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.
- We would advise the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device.
- Also, make sure that your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 is at-least 55% charge as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend disabling all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your device. Also, uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Samsung Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 is now ready for up-gradation to jellybean CM10 Nightlies Firmware.
- First of all, download the CM10 Nightlies ROM for Verizon Galaxy Nexus on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect your device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Jellybean CM10 Nightlies Firmware. Enjoy your tablet with more efficiency. If you face any issues during up-gradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.
Like the article? Please share on your social network.