Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 users can now upgrade their devices with Jellybean 4.2.2 CM10.1 Milestone 2 custom ROM. This firmware comes with new security features also it so you can upgrade by using the following steps. Please make sure that this is not a official upgrade by Samsung. So upgrade your Spring Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 to Jellybean 4.2.2 CM10 M2 and enjoy with new features and high performance.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and don’t miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700
- First of all make sure that your device is Samsung Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700(Check at Settings> About Phone).
- Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model number Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on yourSprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 is now ready for upgradation toJellybean 4.2.2 CM10.1 M2 ROM
- First of all, download the CM10.1 M2 ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy Nexus L700 on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button).
- Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Jellybean 4.2.2 CM10.1 M2 ROM. Enjoy your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.