Are you Sony Xperia z2 user? This article would allow you to root Sony Xperia Z2 in the easiest way possible. All you need to do is follow the steps provided below for rooting Sony Xperia Z2.
Everyone knows that Xperia Z2 is the successor of Sony Xperia Z1. The device is known for its superb hardware, design and is one of the flagship device from Sony. If you have this hardware beast i.e. Sony Xperia Z2 and want to utilize the best out of it, root it. To unleash the complete power of Sony Xperia Z2, rooting is necessary.
Sony Xperia Z2 is a superb build with Snapdragon 801 chipset over a 2.3 GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 330 GPU for high-class performance in gaming. It does have a 20.7 MP rear camera with LED flash and 4K video support.
Before you Root you Xperia Z2
Xperia Z2 users, before you update your device or root it using the step by step guide, there some points which we would like to clear before hand :
- Rooting / Updation are not authorized by the official manufacturers which means that warranty of your device voids post rooting.
- Since rooting / updation deals with kernel, firmware level updates, there are some risk involved in doing so. We recommend that you follow all steps with extra-care as neither site nor writer can be held responsible for any failure.
- Ensure that you have all pre-requisites ready before you start rooting or upgrading.
Benefits of Rooted & Custom Flashed Xperia Z2
Here is the glimpse of some benefits of rooting and flashing custom recovery on Xperia Z2.
- With Custom ROM, one can free up storage by removing the apps which comes pre-installed on your device.
- Custom ROM gives an increased battery life as app tweaking is available.
- Custom ROM are generally lighter than Stock ROM and there are tons of options available.
Pre-requisites for Rooting Sony Xperia Z2
- This guide is written exclusively for Sony Xperia Z2 D6502 and D6503 only. If you have any other version, please do not follow it.
- Ensure that you have CWM Custom Recovery installed on your device.
- Your Xperia Z2 should be at-least 60% charged as the updation works on battery power.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Sony Xperia Z2.
- Please backup all your data such as SMS and Contacts before upgrading.
Download Required Files:
How To Root Sony Xperia Z2
- Download and copy SuperSU zip file on your Sony Xperia Z2.
- Boot your Sony Xperia Z2 in Recovery Mode using Volume Key and Power buttons.
- Ensure that LED notifications turn in light pink color.
- Create a backup of your existing firmware using Nandroid.
- Now select Install zip » Choose zip from sdcard (or external sdcard, you know where your files are) » browse to the location where you saved the file and select the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.xx.zip.
- Once this is done, restart your Xperia Z2.
With this, your Sony Xperia Z2 is now rooted. In case you face any issue, feel free to write to us.
Like the article? Please share on your social network.