If you have Sony Xperia S and looking for upgrade then this is the right place where you can get easy steps of upgrade . The firmware has many customized which gives many improvement on previous version. This is a AOKP firmware which is one of the most popular firmware. So go through the steps and enjoy smart device with more smartness.
Important Note: This Firmware for Sony Xperia Sis taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for Sony Xperia Susers to upgrade your device, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
- First of all make sure that your device is Sony Xperia S(Check at Settings> About ). Don’t try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Sony Xperia Sis at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now the important step,enable USB Debugging on your Sony Xperia S(The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Sony Xperia Sis now ready for upgradation to Android ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.
- First of all, download the Android ICS 4.0.4 Firmware .
- Then download Odin 3.07 on your Laptop/PC.
- First extract the Firmware Zip file which you have downloaded on your PC.
- The file you’ve downloaded would be a file of TAR extension.
- Now extract the Odin File. This will contain Odin 3 file and some support files.
- Now power off your Galaxy S3.
- Now restart your Galaxy S3 in debugging mode (By pressing volume down key and home key together while switching on).
- This will give you a warning and press Volume down to enter debugging mode.
- Now right click the Odin3 v3.07.exe which was extracted earlier and select Run as Administrator.
- Now connect you Galaxy S3 to PC using original USB cable. This will pop=up a message in Odin saying “Added!!”.
- You’ll also see COM port with a number written in Yellow which means the device is ready to be upgraded and rooted.
- Now Click the PDA Tab in Odin, and select the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file.
- Also make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin.
- When done with all above process steps, click START button.
- This will start flashing your phone. Onc it is completed, phone will restart automatically.
- Once PASS message appear in Odin, remove Galaxy S3 from USB connection.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Android ICS 4.0.4 Firmware. Enjoy your Sony Xperia Swith more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments