Sony Xperia Neo is yet another Android based Smartphone by Sony under the Xperia Series. Powered by 1GHZ processor, it comes with Gingerbread 2.3.6. The company however mentions that Sony Xperia Neo is upgradable to ICS and other versions of Android but it is yet to be officially announced. So we are here with an awesome Custom ROM named JELLY SANDWICH 8.5 which is specially designed for Sony Xperia Neo.
Have a look at the features as mentioned by Developer:
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would adivce you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for Sony Xperia Neo users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Sony Xperia Neo
- First of all make sure that your device is Sony Xperia Neo.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Don’t try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your SONY Xperia Neo is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your SONY Xperia Neo is now ready for upgradation to Jelly Sandwich 8.5 Custom Firmware.
- First of all, download the Update Package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card of SONY Xperia Neo using USB cable.
- Now disconnect your SONY Xperia Neo from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from internal SD card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Jelly Sandwich Custom Firmware. Enjoy your Sony Xperia Neo with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.