Sony Xperia ARC S users can now upgrade their devices to Jellybean 4.2 Firmware by using following easy steps as given below. First of all I would like to people know that this is not a official release. So Thanks to all XDA developers for giving custom upgrade.This custom firmware has best features like it supported all features of Jellybean 4.2 apps including gesture keyboard, latest camera and many others.It increases performance and fixed all bugs.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware (if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for Sony Xperia ARC S users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Sony Xperia ARC S
- First of all make sure that your device is Sony Xperia ARC S.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Don’t try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Sony Xperia ARC S is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Sony Xperia ARC S is now ready for upgradation to Jellybean 4.2 Firmware.
- First of all, download the Jellybean 4.2 for Xperia ARC S package and Google Apps package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card of Sony Xperia ARC S using USB cable.
- Now disconnect your Sony Xperia ARC S from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from internal SD card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Jellybean 4.2 Firmware. Enjoy your Sony Xperia ARC S with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.
Like the article? Please share on your social network.