Sony Xperia Tipo is a smartphone powered by Android v4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. It has features like 3.15 MP camera and A-GPS over a powerful processor of 800 MHz Cortex-A5 . We’ve already discussed about Upgrading Sony Xperia Tipo to XPERIENCE™ Custom ROM. One of our readers demanded us to post about Rooting Sony Xperia Tipo.So here we are keeping into consideration the interest of our Readers. Also, we will keep posting more upgrades about it in future.
Important Note: This Rooting Tool and guide is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware (if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for Sony Xperia Tipo users, the entire process has rooting been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Rooting Steps.
- Final Rooting Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and do not miss even a single step.
Pre-Rooting Steps for Sony Xperia Tipo
- First of all make sure that your device is Sony Xperia Tipo.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Don’t try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your SONY Xperia Tipo is at-least 55% charge as the rooting runs on Battery Power.
Final Rooting Steps for Sony Xperia Tipo
- First of all, download the Xperia TIPO Rooting Package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, extract the above file on you PC. The Extracted folder will look like:
- Now connect your Sony Xperia Tipo to PC using Original USB cable and run RUNME.BAT file from above extracted folder.
- Now Select Option 4 (by pressing 4 on Keyboard) and press enter.
- With this, your Sony Xperia Tipo will start rooting.
- After completion, you can check whether your Sony Xperia Tipo has been successfully rooted using “Root Checker”App from Google Play Store.
With this, you’ve successfully rooted you Sony Xperia Tipo. If you face any issue, do comment below and we’ll try our level best to help you out.