If you are the owner of Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 and looking for upgrade. So this is right place where you can get easy instructions to upgrade your device to Android Jellybean 4.2.2 CM10.1 ROM. The latest release of CynogenMod Team is Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware which comes with new security features. So you are interested to upgrade with this firmware, So please follow the given instruction.
Important Note: This Firmware is a Rooted ROM. But it is taken from a very well known and reliable developer from XDA Forum. The firmware is completely safe to be installed. But still, we would advise you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases. Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 users to upgrade your device, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and don’t miss even a single step. If you get stuck at any step, please donot proceed further.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535
- Before starting the upgrade process, make sure that your device is Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 (This can be checked at Settings> About ). Please do not upgrade on any other cellphone.
- The first step is to take complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Also backup your important data such as SMS, Contacts etc. on PC using one of the backup Apps available at Google Play Store.
- Also make sure that your smartphone i.e. Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 is at-least 75% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device and PC. If you use Kies, please uninstall it.
- Now the most important step,enable USB Debugging on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535(The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 is now ready for upgradation to Rooted Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
Final Upgradation Steps for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535
- For final upgrade, you need to install the following File:
1. CM10.1 ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy S3 I535.
- 2. Odin 3.07 [The tool to be used for upgrade]
- (Firmware +Odin)
- First extract the Firmware Zip file which you’ve downloaded on your PC.
- The file you’ve downloaded would be a file of TAR extension.
- Now extract the Odin File. This will contain Odin 3 file and some support files.
- Now power off your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.
- Now restart your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 in debugging mode (By pressing volume down key and home key together while switching on).
- This will give you a warning and press Volume down to enter debugging mode.
- Now right click the Odin3 v3.07.exe which was extracted earlier and select Run as Administrator.
- Now connect you Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 to PC using original USB cable. This will pop=up a message in Odin saying “Added!!”.
- You’ll also see COM port with a number written in Yellow which means the device is ready to be upgraded and rooted.
- Now Click the PDA Tab in Odin, and select the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file.
- Also make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin.
- When done with all above process steps, click START button.
- This will start flashing your phone. Once it is completed, phone will restart automatically.
- Once PASS message appear in Odin, remove Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 from USB connection.
And with this your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 is rooted with Jellybean firmware. Now enjoy any App on it which needs root permission. If you face an issue, feel free to raise it in comments below and we’ll reply.
You may also like:
Filed in: Samsung