If you are the owner of Nexus S I9020 and looking for upgrade then this is the right place where you can get easy instruction. This is CyanogenMod 10.1 RC1 firmware which is more stable than nightly. This is official release CM10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware, so you can upgrade via OTA available option on KIES. If you are unable to see o KIES option then follow the following steps.
Important Note: This Firmware for Nexus S I9020 is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users to upgrade your Nexus S I9020, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
- First of all make sure that your device is Nexus S I9020(Check at Settings> About ). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on Asus tablet only.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Nexus S I9020 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your tablet (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your tablet is now ready for upgradation to CM10.1 RC1 Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware .
- First of all, download the Liquid JB v2.0 RC7 and Google Apps Package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folders to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now the next step requires you to download the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store on your tablet.
- Then open the ROM manager App in your Nexus tablet and select the option “Flash Clock Work Mod Recovery“.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder(first ROM, then Google Apps) you’ve downloaded and your Tablte will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to CM10.1 RC1 Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware . Enjoy your Nexus S I9020 with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.
You may also like:
Filed in: Asus