If you are the owner of LG Optimus G E973 and looking for upgrade then this is the right place where you can get easy instructions. This firmware is rolled out by Canadian networks -Bell, Rogers and Telus as Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware. This firmware can be upgraded via OTA but if you are unable to see then you can choose manual process. So upgrade your LG Optimus G E973 to Telus Jellybean 4.1.2 official firmware and enjoy with high performance.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable source and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and do not miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for LG Optimus G E973
- First of all make sure that your device is LG Optimus G E973.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your LG Optimus G E973 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your LG Optimus G E973 is now ready for upgradation toTELUS Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Firmware.
- First of all, download the TELUS E973_20E Stock Official 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card of LG Optimus G E973 using USB cable.
- Now disconnect your LG Optimus G E973 from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your LG Optimus G E973 using Power Key.
- Your LG Optimus G E973 will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded (First ROM package then Google Apps) and your LG Optimus G E973 will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to TELUS Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Firmware. Enjoy your LG Optimus 2x with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.
You may also like:
Filed in: L.G.