If you have LG Optimus 3D P920, then you are at the right place as it might be known to you that LG has not planned any ICS or Jellybean Update for Optimus 3D. This custom ROM will enable you to use Android Ice Cream Sandwich on your Optimus 3D with all the features working fine.
This Upgrade will not only enhance the features of your Android Phone, but also increase the battery backup of your LG Optimus 3D.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would adive you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for LG Optimus 3D
- First of all make sure that your device is LG Optimus 3D P920.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model number P920.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that yourLG Optimus 3D is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your LG Optimus 3D is now ready for upgradation to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
- First of all, download the ICS Android 4.0 Firmware Package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card of LG Optimus 3D using USB cable.
- Now disconnect your LG Optimus 3D from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Custom 4.0.4 ROM. Enjoy your LG Optimus 3D with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the forn of comments below.
You may also like:
Filed in: L.G.