Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint user can now upgrade their devices with Jellybean 4.1.2 Avatar ROM. Please make sure that this is not a official release by Samsung. So thanks to XDA developer for giving us wonderful custom ROM firmware. This platform for Avatar ROM as of now is CM10. So follow the easy instruction to upgrade Samsung S3 Sprint.
- Status Bar:Toggles page to contain controls for toggles,Fixed memory leaks
- Theme Chooser: Has an online theme server – head here and download cool MIUI converted themes Changed the layout, Added previews
- Bazooka Launcher ():Enhanced theming by adding dockbar,Preview mode to edit workspaces
- Messaging App:Changed message thread to make them themeable
- Boot Animation: A beautiful boot animation – will be made themeable in upcoming versions
- Settings:Changed statistics to point to Avatar statistics server,OTA updater – you can check for updates to Avatar right from your device
- Framework,Integrated with ACRA Error Reporter for system wide crashes
- Lockscreen:Changed to make them themeable,Support for complex unlock gestures
Important Note: This Firmware for Galaxy S3 Sprint is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for Galaxy S3 Sprint users to upgrade your device, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Galaxy S3 Sprint
- First of all make sure that your device is Galaxy S3 Sprint(Check at Settings> About ). Don’t try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Galaxy S3 Sprint is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S3 Sprint (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Galaxy S3 Sprint is now ready for upgradation to Avatar Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware .
- First of all, download the Avatar Jellybean 4.1.2 and Google apps on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folders to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now the next step requires you to download the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store on your device.
- Then open the ROM manager App in your Galaxy S3 Sprint and select the option “Flash Clock Work Mod Recovery“.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder(first ROM, then Google Apps) you’ve downloaded and your device will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Avatar Jellybean 4.1.2 Custom Firmware. Enjoy your Galaxy S3 Sprint with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.
You may also like:
Filed in: Samsung