Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 users can now upgrade their device to CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jellybean custom ROM Firmware. Galaxy ACE S5830 comes with 800 Mhz ARM 11 CPU and 278 MB RAM. Thanks to android developers for giving us new upgrade.Some updated features like multi-user Support,gesture typing,Lock screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved google now.new day dream feature and many others. So if you are looking for upgrade your Galaxy ACE S5830 with CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jellybean. Please follow the easy steps as given below.
Important Note: This Firmware is a custom ROM. But it is taken from a very well known and reliable developer from XDA Forum. The firmware is completely safe to be installed. But still, we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for Galaxy ACE S5830 users to upgrade your device, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and don’t miss even a single step. If you get stuck at any step, please donot proceed further.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Galaxy ACE S5830
- Before starting the upgrade process, make sure that your device is Galaxy ACE S5830 (This can be checked at Settings> About ). Please do not upgrade on any other cellphone.
- The first step is to take complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Also backup your important data such as SMS, Contacts etc. on PC using one of the backup Apps available at Google Play Store.
- Also make sure that your smartphone i.e. Galaxy ACE S5830 is at-least 75% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device and PC. If you use Kies, please uninstall it.
- Now the most important step,enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy ACE S5830(The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Galaxy ACE S5830 is now ready for upgradation to CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Firmware.
Final Upgradation Steps for Galaxy S3
- First of all, download the CM10.1 for Galaxy Ace S5830 on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folders to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now the next step requires you to download the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store on your device.
- Then open the ROM manager App in your Galaxy Ace S5830 and select the option “Flash Clock Work Mod Recovery“.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your device will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to custom CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Enjoy your Galaxy Ace S5830 with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.
You may also like:
Filed in: Samsung